I was super inspired by the blog Inspired by Dooce who has done several 5 Things About Me posts, and decided to try and share a bit more about myself.
1. I’ve lived in four different countries besides Canada. You guys already know about the UK. One of the other countries is Mexico where I did a 5 month university exchange, and basically partied like crazy (the exchange was located in Mazatlan). I also managed to see quite a bit of Mexico including the Baja Penninsula, Guanajuato, Guadalajara, Oaxaca and Chiapas States. Mexico is more than the Mayan Riviera – it is truly amazing! I’ll leave the other 2 countries a surprise for now (but they both have been mentioned on this blog before).
|That’s me on the left at Palenque, Mexico|
2. I love prints. I especially love Orla Kiely but most of her items are out of my price range. However, she does have quite a few warehouse sales and I’ve picked up a few items at those. Plus, my lovely husband bought me an Orla Kiely bedspread set in her original stem print and a bath mat.
3. I love the Bourne movies. The reason I love them so much is that they show the Europe I remember and not the Eiffel Tower and Sagrada Familia of postcards. Europe in the Bourne movies is grey, noisy, and not always beautiful.
4. I have made tamales from scratch. Imagine my surprise when I realized that it was whipped lard. This could explain the massive weight gain in Mexico (see #1). That and all the beer…
5. Most of my extended family live in Saskatchewan. This means a lot of flying into Saskatoon, Roughrider talk, and a vague knowledge of farming.
That’s it for now… I’ll do another one when I can think up another 5 things…. 😉