I am in an industry where I eat out a fair amount for lunch in downtown Montreal. If you checked out many of my London restaurant reviews, you may notice that many of them were also business lunch type places!
Here is my top list of downtown business lunch restaurants. All of them are what I would describe as fairly reasonable in price – ie you aren’t going to get a talking to from your boss about your expense account.
1. Dominion Square Tavern (Metcalfe & Ste-Catherines) 514-564-5056 – A fun resto from the owners of Baldwin Barmacie and Whisky Café. Good food, service and a nice atmosphere. Not very formal, but definitely filled with suits at lunch.
2. Shodan (Metcalfe & Maisonneuve) 514-987-9987 – Excellent Sushi. Everyone loves their special rolls section, and the popularity of this place is evident.
3. Bistro Beaver Hall (Beaver Hall & Belmont/De La Gauchetiere) 514-866-1331 – Loud and buzzy with a nice selection of bistro food.
4. L’Aromate (Mansfield & Maisonneuve) 514-847-9005- Slightly classier than the first 3 but still affordable.
5. Le Brasserie le Pois Penche (Maisonneuve & Drummond) 514-667-5050 – A classic French Bistro. I have always had a good lunch here with good service, and it’s got a nice atmosphere inside.
6. La Cupole (Rene-Levesque & Montagne) 514-373-2300 – Despite the fact that they once had Chilean Sea Bass as their special of the day (me to waiter: you mean the endangered chilean sea bass? waiter: ummm… yes) this is an excellent choice for lunch. I believe their lunch time table d’hôte is $25. They also have a pre-game table d’hôte for $35 which is a classier option to the local St-Hubert or Cage aux Sports (reservations essential).
Do you have any favourite business lunch places?