When I found out the sex of my two babies I didn’t actually realize that there were all sorts of cool ways to reveal the gender of your baby. Although it was still exciting having the doctor tell us we were going to have a boy – I can’t help but think a little gathering with all that build up would have made it extra special.
What do you think?
Here are my favourite gender reveal ideas plus a cool video revealing… twins!
1. Balloons – Buy the balloon filled with either blue or pink confetti. A quick pop and you’ll be showered with the gender of your little one! This one is from Modern Frill (a Canadian party shop!)
2. Cake – Either have the technician write the gender on a piece of paper and slip it to a baker without peeking, or make a cake yourself for your friends and family. It doesn’t have to be fancy – you could simply fill it with coloured icing.
image via Kelly Anderson Photo Design
3. Balloon Box – Fill a box with coloured balloons (or have a friend do it for a surprise!) Open the box and let the gender float out.
4. Older Sibling – Have an older sibling let everyone know and they’ll be so proud to have shared in the special moment. A shirt, a poster or simply telling everyone is such a cute way to get an older sibling involved.
5. Pass the envelope, please – Why not have a family member like Grandma or Grandpa read everyone the gender? What a way to make their day.
And what about surprising your family with TWINS!
ps Don’t forget to enter the contest to find out the gender of your baby in your own home!